THE GREAT OUTDOORS...
"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST"
It's no secret that I am a pretty big fan of Teraflex Suspensions, which by default makes me a pretty big fan of Falcon Shocks right? So, when I saw the all new Falcon Shocks 3.4 "on the fly" adjusting shocks...I had to have them!
All Falcon Shocks are specifically built for the Jeep Wrangler and with their many options and configurations, there is truly a shock for every Jeep owner in the line up. Unlike their other models, the 3.4 is Falcon's first remotely adjustable shock though and that gives their proud owners something special and very different from your average shock.
Falcon Shocks are all built as tough as nails, with a housing designed to take a beating. the 6160-T6 aluminum alloy has stood the test of time as a material tough and long lasting. There is a rear shock skid plate for those of you that want to keep those shocks as pretty and protected as possible, but I haven't had a problem with the durability yet on either of my Jeeps.
Ok, I know what you're thinking here, but let's pretend for a moment that that is a beautiful Tera44 complete replacement axle and housing. The Falcons look amazing right??
Anyway, lets have a look at the tech stuff straight from Teraflex...
• LIFT HEIGHT: 2.5-3.5”
• Series 3.4 Remote Air-Adjust Piggyback Shock Absorbers - all 4
• Wiring loom, switch, air lines, & fittings
• All necessary hardware
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
• Remote Air Adjust Switch w/ 2 compression settings for large damping adjustments
• JK corner-specific shock absorber w/ race-inspired performance
• Increases vehicle stability
• Improved dynamic roll control & low speed damping
• Piggyback fluid passage design flows 6 times more oil than restrictive reservoir hose designs as well as eliminates common leakage issues found in banjo & swivel fittings
• Optimized fitment for clearance during full suspension travel
• Front shock features unique piggyback design with horizontal reservoir to increase clearance for large tires
• Front offset stud design provides maximum shock body to frame clearance during articulation
• Rear shock body & reservoir positioned on bottom eliminates shaft damage from rocks kicked up by the tires
• Outboard mounting increases clearance for lifted vehicles w/ raised track bar brackets
• 6061-T6 aluminum alloy shock body resists wear & protects internal components while providing superior heat dissipation
• Smooth honed internal shock body surface for long term performance
• 2.25” shock body provides optimal performance
• Largest shock body that will fit w/out modifications
• 3/4” induction hardened chrome plated shaft resists rock damage & corrosion as well as prevents shaft buckling
• Maximum shaft diameter allows for more precise tuning
• Hard anodized billet piston
• 1-piece Teflon bronze piston wear band w/ O-ring
• Digressive linear piston & base valve technology
• Inline OGS Oil/Gas Separator prevents cavitation
• Red Line full synthetic shock oil with high viscosity index of 519 for consistent performance across all temperatures & reduced shock fade
• Synthetic formula also contains special anti-wear & lubricity agents for excellent thermal stability
• 1,000-hour salt spray corrosion resistance test on all hardware
• Serviceable & rebuildable (factory serviced)
• Built in-house at the TeraFlex Falcon Shocks Division
• Patent pending design
• 3-year warranty
• Requires an aftermarket air compressor – not included.
Pick up your Falcon Shocks or everything else Teraflex at www.teraflex.com