THE GREAT OUTDOORS...
"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST"
I'm Rob, your average, everyday, middle class guy that happens to love adventure. I am fortunate to have seen some beautiful places all over the country from behind the wheel of my Jeep and although I absolutely love that Jeep, I think my big, warm heart is capable of loving another. Come on...I mean it's not my fault a newer, beautiful, adventurous, finely tuned, two wheeled beauty captured my heart, is it??
BMW Motorcycles have been around since the early 1900s and have building a community around riding ever since. Their styling and performance backed by a reputation they have spent decades building, the BMW Motorrad name has become iconic in the motorcycle culture.
The adventure bike (also known as dual sport) is basically a motorcycle that can ride multiple terrains. Smooth on the highway, capable on the trail and although BMW Motorrad didn't invent adventure, they definitely pioneered the adventure bike culture to what it is today.
There are several great options out there for the "adventure bike" class of motorcycle and they all have their strengths. I chose the BMW 800gs Adventure for a few great reasons and before you go out and buy the first thing you see, maybe make a check list on what exactly you want AND prioritize the list accordingly.
- BMW is a brand that has been tested and proven, so I have peace of mind that I will have many years of riding ahead of me without to many issues
- What type of riding will consume the most of your riding and choose accordingly. I am a big guy so comfort isn't as easy as you may think it would be. the BMW 800gs is the most comfortable motorcycle I've ever taken out and although I'm not an expert, I have had my share of motorcycles in the past and i know what works for me
- Capability. When it comes to being capable, the 800gs a is excellent on highway and very capable on the trail. The 800gs a is a bit smaller than the 1200 version, which for me, was what also makes it easy to handle on the trail.
- Style. There's no doubt that the design of the BMW Adventure series is the most iconic, recognizable in the industry. It's a very attractive balance of classic BMW Motorrad and state of the art technology. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the way this bike looks!
- Value. I'm not a super wealthy guy, so I need value for my money spent. Not only did I get a really good deal from my local BMW Motorcycle dealer, the process was honestly the best experience I've ever had purchasing any type of vehicle...and I've been know to have a bit of an addiction.
I am so excited to not only start and share an entirely new type of exploration of new places and people. The open highways are already begging me to come visit them! Remember what's most important though...adventure comes in many forms. The things we learn about ourselves while spending time away from the chaos of life are crucial for a healthy growth. Opening our minds and eyes up nature and a perspective we may have lost while growing up to live in our boxes , can only balance us and help us find what we can do to be a positive part of the world.
If you're thinking...hey, I NEED ONE OF THOSE! Just go check out www.bmwmotorcycles.com