JEEP LIFE AND THE GREAT OUTDOORS
"Not all those who wander are lost"
You can basically sum up the grab handle industry in two categories. Hard handles and soft handles. Soft handles usual strap to your roll bar, are made from nylon or paracord and will cost you less than 50 bucks for the pair. Your hard handles however are usually made from aluminum, all machines and finished off with either a powder coat or anodized. Hard handles usually cost anywhere from $100 bucks on up.
So...what should you look for in a "hard handle" if they are all similar? When grabbing a set for myself I went with three basic principles that I try and stick with whenever possible.
1. American made. If at all possible I will buy American made products. I don't mind paying more within reason and there's something great about pouring my cash back into American made products, American business ownership and the support of American jobs.
2. Customer satisfaction. I want to support a company that stands behind their products. A company that believes in customer service and a company that makes the customer experience something special, especially for the first time buyer.
3. Quality. Obviously the product has to be a quality product. Things like cheap hardware or bad packaging drive me crazy! Especially because it's just not the difficult or expensive to bring the best of that out in a product.
That leads me to ATP. American Trail Products. They have a great logo, some great looking products, they care about their quality, their customers and their price points. The owners were very nice and went over and above to make sure I was a happy customer...of course that means returning customer too!
For just under $130 ATP make a solid grab handle that is perfect for both my vertically challenged wife and her slightly oversized husband...aka ME! Check out the tech specs:
· Manufactured and Designed in the U.S.A.
· Product is engineered to fit the Jeep JK and JKU (2007 - up)
· ATP Grab Handles are manufactured from 6061-T6 aluminum
· Interior Grab Handles are anodized Class 2 Mil Spec coating
· Stainless Hardware included
· Front Grab handles are sold in pairs
· This is a bolt on product, no permanent vehicle modifications required
To pick up your own set of handles and check out the full product line of ATP check them out at: http://americantrailproducts.com/
The Best of Past Jeep Life Articles