JEEP LIFE AND THE GREAT OUTDOORS
"Not all those who wander are lost"
I love Spring time! Flowers blooming, birds singing, and NAAAAKED JEEP TIME!!! time to strip off the doors and top for a few months of great weather! For those of you that are new at this, I've made a top 5 list of things that make NAAAAKED JEEP TIME the best!
1. Storage! Nothing worse than spreading your doors, top, and all the little nuts and bolts around only to not be able to find them when you need them again right? Put those little nuts and bolts in one box or container! There are also things that let you store the top, doors and hardware all in one rollable system. Not sure which one is best, I've never tried one personally.
2. Seat protection, AKA... Seat covers. Although I have now tried the really high end covers that claim to be able to survive the zombie apocalypse. TrekArmor specifically. They are SO worth the price tag! Smitty Built neoprene covers are very reasonably priced and work too! They'll set you back about 275 buck for the fronts and you can usually find them throwing the rear seat cover in for free!
3. Every state requires at least 1 side mirror on your vehicle to be legal. I prefer both. It's way easier to see the things you're now not crashing into. I use the Olympic Safari Mirrors for now, but can't wait to try the new relocation system from Quadratec this year. Lots of choices, all will keep you legal.
4. Now this one will set you back a few bucks, but worth every cent! (Remember though...You can always just carry a backpack). The TRUNK. There is no safe way to lock things down in your Jeep when it's all open like that and there aren't many options out there to choose from either. TUFFY makes a great trunk. Made solid and safe. It is a few hundreds bucks, but for security and piece of mind... Well worth it!
5. Last but certainly not least, sunscreen!!! We have to protect our skin. Skin cancer is continuously on the rise and should be taken seriously. If anyone has seen me, you'll know my head is as bald and shiny as a babies bottom, and at least once or twice a year I pay the price for not using sunscreen. I cannot stress enough how damaging the sun can be and how important it is to protect it. Oh, I use the Banana stuff because it smells terrific!
Now that you're prepared...strip that Jeep down and go find an adventure!
The Best of Past Jeep Life Articles